1. Barcelona is Spain’s second largest city with 1.6 million residents.
2. Barcelona is the most visited city in Spain.
3. Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia.
4. Both Catalan and Spanish are official languages in Barcelona.
5. Each year, 8 million tourists visit Barcelona, making it Europe’s third most-visited city after London and Paris.
6. Barcelona has 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Seven of them were created by Antoni Gaudi.
7. Barcelona is one of the world’s major cities where smoking cannabis is legal.
8. Barcelonans are crazy about football. The city is home to one of the world’s largest and richest football clubs, FC Barcelona.
9. The Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona is Europe’s largest, with a capacity of 100,000.
10. The Sagrada Familia has taken longer to build than the Great Pyramids.
563 thoughts on “10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT BARCELONA, SPAIN”