1. Belgrade is the capital and the largest city of Serbia.
2. Belgrade has a population of around 2 million people.
3. The meaning of Belgrade is White City.
4. Around 4 million people commute through Belgrade every day.
5. The Church of Saint Sava on Vračar is one of the most recognizable symbols of Belgrade. With it reaching a height of 87 metres in total, this Cathedral represents one of the largest churches in the world and the largest church building in the Balkans.
6. Belgrade is located at the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers, where the Pannonian Plain meets the Balkans.
7. Belgrade is well known for its nightlife and clubs at the rivers Sava and Danube.
8. Belgrade is one of the oldest capitals in the world, with over 7000 years of continuity.
9. The bulk of the architecture in Belgrade has originated in the period after the WW II, but one can find also old Oriental Ottoman style of housing, neoclassicism, baroque and Art Nouveau.
10. Belgrade has been destroyed and rebuilt more than 50 times in its history.