1. New York City have a population of 8,491,079 people.
2. New York City is the home of the Statue of Liberty.
3. Central Park attracts around 25 million visitors per year.
4. New York City has the sixth busiest rapid transit system in the world, but is the most extensive. In a year, more than 1.5 billion people ride the subway.
5. New York City has 722 miles of subway track.
6. The Empire State building has its own zip code.
7. It can cost nearly $300,000 to operate a hot dog stand around Central Park.
8. New York City was the capital of the United States of America for five years, from 1785 to 1790, before being moved to Washington, D.C.
9. The first pizzeria in the United States was opened in New York City in 1895.
10. In 2018 New York City will open the world’s first underground park.