1. London was founded by the Romans, who named it Londinium.
2. London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom.
3. London is the largest city in Europe an the United Kingdom.
4. London have a population of 8,538,689 people.
5. London is the home of the Tower Bridge.
6. The London Underground was built in 1863 and is the oldest underground railway network in the world.
7. The London Underground is known as „the Tube“.
8. The tallest building in London is The Shard London Bridge – 310 meters
(1,017ft) tall. It is also the 45th tallest in the world.
9. London’s „Big Ben” is not the tower. It’s the bell inside it.
10. London has 43 universities, the largest concentration of higher education in Europe.